Photograph by E.D. Motis, Anchorage August 9,
EMD GP7u was built in 1951 (builder#15708) for the U.S. Army, #1838.
The Alaska Railroad acquired it in 1976 (shown here
in brand new paint passing through Seattle in June 1976) and numbered it 1838
(later #1801). It was sold to General Metals
(Anchorage, AK) in 1998, to BDLX in 1999, to Midwest Locomotive in 1999, to
the Missouri Central and finally to Respondek