1. Text from National Earthquake Information Center 's web page. Photos from the Earth Science Photographs from the U.S. Geological Survey Library, by Joseph K. McGregor and Carl Abston, U.S. Geological Survey Digital Data Series DDS-21, 1995.
2. The Alaskan Earthquake, 1964 By Patrica M. Garny
3. The Alaska Railroad, Volume I & II, by Bernadine Prince. 1964. Published by Ken Wray Printing, Anchorage, Alaska.
4. Alaska RR Comeback From Disaster, Railway Age Weekly, January 4/11 1965
5. The Alaska Railroad and the Earthquake of March 27, 1964, by T.C. Fuglestad, ARR Chief Engineer, September 13, 1979
6. The Alaska Earthquake, Effects on Transportation and Utilities, U.S.G.S. Professional Paper 545-D
Special thanks to Cliff Fuglestad for reviewing
the contents of these earthquake pages and providing valuable oversight.
earthquake main | earthquake
story | ARR main page
The information on this page was last updated November 24, 1998
© 1998 John Combs unless otherwise noted