For the TNM hoppers I used Tangent Union Pacific hoppers with one yellow end. I closely followed Randy Thompson's article on doing up the hoppers. I used Walthers Solvaset to remove the decals I wanted removed. Randy didn't have any of the decals in stock for these so I had some custom made. For the reflective stripes Microscale MC-4389 were used. Seeing these cars come with Kadee #58's the trip pins were just cut off. I weathered the cars to give them a good worn look. The insides of the cars were also done so they could be run with or without the coal loads. For the coal loads they were sprayed with Dulcote to take the shine off.
*TIP- put a dab of CA on each end of the cut levers before work is started on them. They come off easy then you have to make replacements. Lesson learned