|This was originally an Athearn U.P. GP38 non dynamic brake. I cut and added the dynamic brake housing. This was my first attempt at, using an airbrush and actually painting something up. I used a SD70 decal kit and added DCC.||These started out as U.P. Rivarossi cars. I have them painted up, but can not find the correct decals. I do not plan on running them on my layout, they are just for decoration.|
|I added the winterization hatch. However, I bought the wrong size and had to cut out a section of all the hatches to make them fit. This is a old body and had metal railings, that I painted. I also added some heavy weathering as this is strictly a yard engine.||This is a Kato Sd70Mac. I followed the instructions and replaced the fans and added a winterization hatch. I also painted up the railings.|
|My engine yard.||Spur yard loco's|
|This is a old dummy loco. I had to paint the metal rails and replaced the chassis with an Athearn DCC.||Athearn GP40, that I added a winterization hatch and overhead light. When I added DCC to this loco I also replaced the cab light and drilled out clear plastic lenses and added double incandescent light bulbs. I also added an oversized plow. I had MU receptacles, but they fell off somewhere along the rails. I would like to added sun visors to all my Geeps, but like all the other detail parts, I have a hard time finding stuff on the internet (if the site has pictures, they are usually poor quality). If anyone would like to contact me and help me with part numbers I would appreciate it.|
|Here is 1 of 2 photos of my TNM hoppers. I was having a difficult time finding a prototypical model to start with. I like the Tangent models, but Iam new to the whole paint decal thing and I didn't want to risk a $32 car. I started with the Walthers RD-4 coal hopper NCUX road name ($10/car, worth the risk at my painting skills). I used decal remover to remove the decals. Then I prepped them with SP Lettering gray. For the final paint I used UP Yellow and Grimy Black. I used the TNM decals from Roundhouse. I used a Floquil paint pen to paint the trucks and wheel. I plan to eventually weather the cars and that should balance out the paint coat. I am thinking Engine black or Oily black for coal dust after I fade the original colors.|
Feel free to provide Gregory Farley input at ARRgregorycfarley@gmail.com. Please remove the ARR at the beginning on the email address before sending.