Fairbanks coalCoal Hopper 14143 is shown at the Fairbanks coal bunker. The hopper is a former Erie RR car, one of 280 70ton 3 bay Hoppers, refurbished by the Chicago Freight Car & Parts Co. (at their shop in Auburn, Washington) in the early 1950's, and sold in 1953 to the ARR. Photo taken summer of 1974

 
Photographer courtesy of the Don Marenzi collection