Alaska 1070 RF1: This unit started life as a RS1 (ex-ARR RSD1 1022; nee
US Army 8047) and was enclosed with cabs so that the workers would not
be exposed to the Alaska elements. These units were built in 1943
and modifed between 1947-1953. Most of the conversions were done by Pudget
Sound Bridge & Drydock, and International Car and three B units done
by AAR. The ARR acquired it in 1949 and scrapped it in 1973. The
photo was taken in 1971 in the Anchorage Yard.
Photo courtesy of John Combs