RSD-1 Alco1034 (lead unit in the above string of three) was originally
built in 1941. The Alaska Railroad acquired it from the U.S. Army
in 1956 and returned it to them in 1956. It was eventually transferred
to the Department of Transportation (FRA) who numbered it 013.
The photo above shows three 1000 class Alco's passing by the yard office
in Fairbanks going down to get on their train, local #23, summer of 1951.
Photo courtesy of James Sava
Retired Alaska Railroad Trainmaster