503
This Photograph from the collection of HAROLD K. VOLLRATH 1000 West 97 Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64114 Reprints Available

Numbers 501-506 were Lima Built for the US Army in 1942, but they were not the classic WAR TIME CONSOLIDATIONS with export dimmensions. This 500 class was redesignated the 400 class in June 1943 when the 550 Class engines showed up on the railroad during the war.  The 550 class were all built by Baldwin except for the last unit  number 562 was Alco built but looked identical. Shown here is number 503 at Seward in May 1947.

Added by Dick Morris on 2/20/17:

This documents was prepared by Lima and is from the Allen County Historical Society.

Actual weights